Dear Teachers of French
From Monday 19 July, the start of term 3, SAFTA will transition to our new membership registration portal hosted by EdSA Gateway. This will allow members to renew or join with a number of payment options (yearly, monthly, continuous), to receive acknowledgement when they renew and to receive timely reminders when their registration becomes due. A handy guide is attached with this email.
In order to manage this change, registration fees have risen slightly:
Ordinary member $70 pa, Special interstate membership $60, Concession (pre-service or retiree) $40, Combined SAFTA/Alliance Française $110 pa.
Please join or renew as soon as possible. We also ask current paid members to register through the portal, but without additional payment. If you are unsure of your current status, please contact our treasurer: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For current members: Please go to https://edsagateway.com.au/members/safta/, click sign up and go with 1 Year Pre-Paid and EFT as payment method. We will mark you as paid.
For new/renewing members: Please go to https://edsagateway.com.au/members/safta/, click sign up and follow the prompts.
Please note that to remain on the SAFTA email list, you will need to register as a member through the portal before 31 August 2021.
A reminder that your SAFTA membership provides you with great benefits, including:
- PD activities for teachers, such as conferences and immersions
- Free entry for your students in SAFTA competitions and activities, such as the Year 12 Information Evening, quizzes, poetry competition for primary students, Pétanque tournament and more
- Advocacy on matters concerning language teachers in SA, French in particular
- Regular updates on activities, events and information of interest to teachers of French offered by other organisations, such as the Alliance Française, School of Languages, FATFA and MLTASA (through email and our closed FB page)
- As a SAFTA member you are also part of the Educators SA network and this also provides some member benefits, including fee-free banking with Credit Union SA (https://www.creditunionsa.com.au/ecbb)
By associating professionally, you develop yourself as a professional, make a difference for your colleagues and your profession, and accelerate your career. We value your contribution in SAFTA and look forward to working with you as we move forward in this Year of Associating Professionally!
On behalf of the SAFTA committee